IN THESE CHALLENGING TIMES
Add to the disappointment of family challenges, expectations of children, extended family pressures, bush fire activity and you may find your already floundering domestic relationship is now pear-shaped.
Separation can be an upsetting experience for everyone involved and you will be stressed at this time. It is important for you and your children that you have the appropriate support to help you through what will be an extended difficult time.
When you separate, you and your former partner may need to make important decisions about the future care of your children and how to divide your property, money and belongings. Working through these issues is often emotionally challenging and requires expert assistance to manage the legal requirements.
Separation can also be a stressful time for your children. They may experience a range of emotions that are difficult for them to deal with and talk about with you. They may also behave in ways that are unusual for them.
There are services in the community that can help you and:
- your partner work through any problems in your relationship
- your children adjust to separation or divorce
- your former partner reach an agreement, and
- your family adjust to and comply with court orders.
The Simple Plan
Digital Age Lawyers is here to provide you with an understandable and affordable plan that fits your circumstances so that custody arrangements, property settlement and ultimately divorce are achieved with the least fuss for all involved.
We hold your hand and advise on not only the legal requirements but on the other free, low cost and suitable support services that you may need based on our experience of what works. Our own low cost, expert legal advice will assist both you and your ex-partner to resolve your matters.
So here’s the plan:
- We meet for 45 minutes at no cost to you. You get to see if we are a fit for you as you meet the team.
- If we fit each other, we develop a Family Law Legal Strategy for you to consider, modify and agree for a minimal cost. We know things change along this journey and we are very adaptable to revising the strategy as issues arise and get resolved.
- You sign-off on the strategy and as your Legal Counsel we start by contacting your ex- partner directly or through their legal counsel.
- We also advise you of all the things it is in your best interests to do immediately eg finances, communications, social media, extended family management.
- In the background we are preparing the necessary legal documents and supporting information. You can reduce your costs by providing us with those supporting documents.
- We contact you regularly by digital media and meet with you on an as needs basis. Those meetings can be in our office or done via digital communications if you are comfortable working that way.
- We navigate the necessary Court Hearing processes and dates.
The outcome will be that, wherever possible, we mediate the for custody arrangements, property disbursement and divorce finalisation. Let’s try to keep costly court appearances to those required at law to complete the processes.
Katherine Hawes was previously a barrister and now practising solicitor who will lead the team as your Legal Advocate. She is forensic about your welfare, finances and what your responsibilities are through this process so that you and your children are looked after.
We have a consultant Family Law Solicitor, Caroline Chung, who provides the roadmap and necessary tools to make sure you are supported through this process, understand the necessary requirements and what you need to provide. Our Junior Solicitors will assist you in gathering the necessary documents and making sure these meet legal requirements.
You will meet and speak with our Practice Management staff who are also there to alleviate stress by making the process affordable, understandable and easier for you and everyone involved.
Give us a call if you need help! 02 88583211 or go to www.digitalagelawyers.com and use the contact page.